Special interest publishers
The April 2016 edition of Shearing magazine has recently been distributed to all subscribers, advertisers, rural merchandise stores and country pubs throughout New Zealand, and to subscribers overseas. Australian readers can obtain copies from Courela (Sth Australia) and Noel Lawrence...
What Are You Doing Out Here by Norman Harris is now available to South African readers from David McLellan, Select Books, 232 Long Street, Cape Town 8001. It is also available in the United Kingdom from Ian Dyer Cricket Books...
A Silver Jubilee Review of the Western Shears at Raglan 1969-1993, this book by Des Williams summarises the competition on a year-by-year basis, from its beginnings at the old Raglan school site to its status as one of the few New Zealand...
About Last Side Publishing
Last Side Publishing was established in 2002 as owner and publisher of New Zealand's Shearing magazine.
Last Side Publishing now specialises in producing special-interest lower print run books and family histories. These include
- "Born to Thunder - champions of New Zealand cycling " for Des Williams (2006);
- "Scottie" for Norman Harris in 2008 and Beyond Cook's Gardens and What Are You Doing Out Here for the same author in 2010
- "The Hole in the Bush - A Tuatapere Centennial Review" in 2009.
- "Friar Tuck is a Spoonerism" (Poetry) for Wallace Knight (November 2010)
- "The Way it Went" (prose and poetry for Wallace Knight (October 2011)
Last Side Publishing continues to produce the NZ Shearing magazine three times per year - April, August and November.